Friday, February 15, 2008

eeeSUSE ;-)

I could start the hackweek project I _actually_ wanted to do only a little late, and felt really lucky to catch one of these little beasts at all:



This morning I had a USB Stick that didn't get much further than that:



... and a few hours later, 10.3 minimal graphics install with a few hand selected KDE packages:



I will fine tune the image and document what I did, and make it available in the wiki later. For now, thanks to all developers of KIWI and yast2-live-installer, and to the build service user appleonkel, who had all the drivers I needed already packaged -- you rock ;-)

8 Comments:

At 1:51 AM, Blogger Mob453 said...

Thank you. With appleonkel's repository i've been able un make a custom kiwi live usb install for my eeepc. Hot keys ethernet wireless and screen resolution are fine. And there seems to be no major issues with power management.

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you :D
asus_osd is still missing. I will package it, too. Anyone can put the wlan off over the function keys?

Appleonkel

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Rezza said...

Not eeeSUSE but SUSEee! My first day with Eee so I'm going investigate more and more and of course I need KDE 4 with no luck width default Xandros :(

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger d said...

Are you setting it up to use sold state drive as little as possible ie;no swap ect

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger skh said...

I don't use a swap partition. Full description of what I did in the openSUSE wiki.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Leszek Lesner said...

I tested OpenSUSE 11.1 RC1 on my EeePC 701 4G. It runs smoothly.
The WLAN is working out of the box and KDE 4.1.3 rocks on this small display.
Even the PowerManagement works quite well as I had a slightly longer uptime than with ZevenOS (Ubuntu 'Hardy' based).

more on my Podcast (its german spoken) :
http://leszek.podspot.de/post/techview-podcast-show-4folge-33/

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi,
compliments for your blog, I find it very interesting!
We created a PDF document (Unfortunately in Italian) about OpenSUSE 11.1 on Asus Eee Pc 900.
If You are interested, please, visit us at www.crismonblog.org, you can download the entire document (about 40 pages!) it's very interesting because it shows step by step the process of installation and configuration of the distro on such a device!

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry...I made an error...The document is about OpenSUSE 11.0 not 11.1 :P Sorry again and thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home